Summer in Queensland can get hot… very hot.
Unfortunately for lovers of fresh produce, this heat can have a range of negative effects on all the food we love to devour, including meat, delicious fruit and vegetables.
In today’s blog, we discuss the best ways to keep produce fresh and safe during transportation, particularly during the summer months.
If you are hosting Christmas, New Years or Australia Day this year, and you need to get food from point A to point B, read ahead.
We have all the answers for you!
Before we get to that, why is it so important to keep your produce fresh during transportation?
When it warms up, our food can age and deteriorate at a much quicker rate. It also accelerates bacteria growth meaning there is a higher chance your food will make you sick.
Have you heard of the 2-hour/4-hour rule?
It provides guidance on how long produce can be held at room temperature.
- Food held between 5°C and 60°C for less than 2 hours can be used, sold or put back in the refrigerator to use later.
- Food held between 5°C and 60°C for 2-4 hours can still be used or sold, but can’t be put back in the fridge.
- Food held between 5°C and 60°C for 4 hours or more must be thrown away.
What are the best ways to keep your food below 5 degrees so you can keep your food safe for longer?
We highly recommend the use of a refrigerated vehicle.
Using a refrigerated vehicle might be the smartest decision you could make for your business. Here are some reasons why:
- Customer satisfaction – the heart of any business. If you want to satisfy customers with your stock at it’s best quality and make a long-lasting impression, using a refrigerated van can help.
- Seasonal needs – demands on your business may fluctuate depending on the season. Having a short-term refrigeration option on hand can be a life-saver.
- Testing new ideas – you may want to add more products to your business or extend your business locations, but want to test the waters before committing to it. Hiring a refrigerated van or mobile cold room short-term is the perfect for your trial periods.
A refrigerated vehicle can be helpful in many areas, such as restaurant, catering, frozen meat, floral distribution, food service and home delivery business.
At Brisk, we have a range of vehicles equipped with the latest in refrigeration technology. Whether it’s for a party, work function, holiday, or fishing trip, our refrigerated vehicles are the perfect solution to ensure your goods arrive in top notch condition.