Hired a mobile cool room? Or perhaps rented a refrigerated truck? In this post, we share some tips to help take care of your mobile cold room rental or refrigerated truck rental and get the best for your mobile refrigeration.
- First things first, when loading produce into your mobile cold room or refrigerated truck, make sure to have a system already in mind. Store items on the shelves in a way that makes the most sense for your business, keep it organised and make produce easy to find as needed.
- Check daily perishable items and avoid placing items next to a fan (as it negatively impacts the flow of cold air).
- A full refrigeration unit or cold room runs more efficiently than a partially stocked unit. At the same time, overfilling or overstocking can cause your refrigerated vehicle/cold room to work harder than it should.
- Keep the door closed at all times when not in use and don’t leave it open for too long each time you need something.
- Hygiene is super important when it comes to the preparation and storage of food, and maintained a clean, organised cold room is the best way to ensure that your produce stays fresh and safe to consume.
- Make sure to keep the floor and surfaces clean and clear. You can tackle surfaces using a cloth, warm water and mild detergent.
- Make sure to clean up any spillages right away as they happen and discard spoiled products immediately. This helps prevent bacteria growth.
- After cleaning, check the cold room or refrigerated areas are dry. Not only is a slippery floor a safety hazard, it can also result in a buildup of ice.
The ideal temperature of any refrigerator is 0-5 degrees Celcius, storing produce at a temperature higher than 5 degrees Celsius will dramatically increase the probability of the food becoming exposed to harmful bacteria.
An advantage of refrigerated truck rental or mobile cold room hire at Brisk Fridges is that we make sure that our vehicles are checked and maintained regularly. We can help advise you on temperatures for your goods and also maintain the exterior of the cold rooms. Meaning the only thing you need to worry about while caring for your cold room is the interior hygiene throughout the duration of your use of the cold room/refrigerated vehicle.